Last week I was figuring out how to cut the lenses to fit into the devices. I am happy to report that the pinwheel device is done and that I am waiting on more lenses from Bob to cut for the whale-bone device.
I will work out today exactly how I am going to do testing with Bob’s schedule; for example, will it be better to send people to Bob’s office or have him come for a couple days. I think that it will work out better that I bring people to his office when he is free. I can do my testing at any time and that way I don’t interfere with his business. Another thing to report from last week is that I did receive IRB approval. Once I finish the devices, it’ll be time to test. I have to say I am excited to finally see the devices in action. As I am waiting for the lenses to come in, I am working on a testing procedure that will be modified based on what I observe at Bob’s today.
I am also using the Clinical Optics and Refraction book from the library to modify the traditional diagnostic procedures and questions to my own devices.